Momma, I'm coming home!

I am glad to see you coming back to Nikon but I am sorry to hear why.
Canon can make good equipment and I am sorry it has disappointed you on so many levels forcing you to throw it all away and move to its main competitor.
On the other hand you will have your hands soon enough on the best crop sensor sports camera in the market and I am sure you will make very good use of it.

Welcome back and I cant wait to hear how you like the D500 (once you will get it).

Ozzy would be proud of you.
Mamma .gif

S**tty, but hardly surprising from any large company. Out of curiosity, what was it that they wanted covered by the NDA (in general terms of course)... it seems very strange to me.

It's disgusting to me that a company will only fix a problem for you if a non-disclosure agreement is signed. I honestly admire the restraint that you have -- I'd want to scream it from the mountain tops if a company got in the way of my work like that. You and your work definitely have the platform to do so.
Disgusting is one adjective, I can think of many others. It's really discouraging and I have barely shot recently as the fun has been taken out of the equation after dealing with all this crap.

View attachment 118655
Bingo you got it!

S**tty, but hardly surprising from any large company. Out of curiosity, what was it that they wanted covered by the NDA (in general terms of course)... it seems very strange to me.
It was very strange. They wanted to completely silence me in all forums and social media and agree to never sue them. There was no compensation attached other than the working body and no expiration date on the contract so it was from the beginning of time to the end of time... It really makes no sense to me my they would want me to agree to such ludicrous terms. The customer relations guy got angry at me when I told him I would not sign the contract..

It's disgusting to me that a company will only fix a problem for you if a non-disclosure agreement is signed. I honestly admire the restraint that you have -- I'd want to scream it from the mountain tops if a company got in the way of my work like that. You and your work definitely have the platform to do so.
Disgusting is one adjective, I can think of many others. It's really discouraging and I have barely shot recently as the fun has been taken out of the equation after dealing with all this crap.

View attachment 118655
Bingo you got it!

It was very strange. They wanted to completely silence me in all forums and social media and agree to never sue them. There was no compensation attached other than the working body and no expiration date on the contract so it was from the beginning of time to the end of time... It really makes no sense to me my they would want me to agree to such ludicrous terms. The customer relations guy got angry at me when I told him I would not sign the contract..
Yikes, so technically if you'd ever posted anything they disliked, even if it was long before you signed, they could legally come after you for it. In exchange they'd give you a camera that you paid for already.

Huh.. Ya, wouldn't be too keen to sign that either.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

View attachment 118655
Bingo you got it!

Yikes, so technically if you'd ever posted anything they disliked, even if it was long before you signed, they could legally come after you for it. In exchange they'd give you a camera that you paid for already.

Huh.. Ya, wouldn't be too keen to sign that either.

The time frame was more about suing them. But the fact it had no expiration date was the really scary part.. I don't think anyone would have signed it. I am still pretty flabbergasted about the whole thing. I am wondering if they will contact me again or just send back the replacement camera? I guess they were intimidated by me in the sense I have such a large group that follows me and I'm active is on several forums. If they just said keep the loaner everything would have been fine, but they choose a very bizarre tactic that is clearly not in their best interest..

Now I'm curious if you actually own a camera that you can sell, or is it still theirs?

The time frame was more about suing them. But the fact it had no expiration date was the really scary part.. I don't think anyone would have signed it. I am still pretty flabbergasted about the whole thing. I am wondering if they will contact me again or just send back the replacement camera? I guess they were intimidated by me in the sense I have such a large group that follows me and I'm active is on several forums. If they just said keep the loaner everything would have been fine, but they choose a very bizarre tactic that is clearly not in their best interest..

Seems pretty silly, but then I guess corporations generally tend to shoot themselves in the foot sometimes because the worry a lot about setting some sort of precedent.

My guess is they probably had some meeting and somebody pointed out, well if we do this we're admitting quality control problems and setting a precedent that we'll exchange units, etc.. The tree ends up getting lost in the forest

But yup, very bad pr move on there part.

Last edited:
It's funny how things work out. I was trying to decide between the d600 and d7200. This morning the d7200 refurbished was like 900 at adorama. It just suddenly dropped to 770 and I had an offer for 10% back in ebay bucks. Woohoo D7200 incoming...

Talking about shooting themselves in the foot. It's still baffling frankly.
A company or a person that gets in their own way. Typical :(

Which version of the 1.4 tc did you use with the 500F4?

It's funny how things work out. I was trying to decide between the d600 and d7200. This morning the d7200 refurbished was like 900 at adorama. It just suddenly dropped to 770 and I had an offer for 10% back in ebay bucks. Woohoo D7200 incoming...

Lol.. welcome home.

Welcome back! Wow I cant believe what I just read but I believe you. The days of the customer is always right has gone It seems. This is a real shame and not good business practice no matter how big Canon is. As soon as they knew you where pleased with the loaner should have been an easy swap even if it was a one time deal would have left a better taste. Good Job Canon.

Wow Adorama doesn't mess around. I ordered the d7200 yesterday at 6 or so and it arrived around 1:30 today. Got my offer accepted on green toe as well, so I should officially have a Sigma 150-600 sport tomorrow and be back in Nikon world by Saturday.. I spoke with Canon today and they tried to smooth things over.. Too little too late as the saying goes..

That delivery time is trying to compete with Amazon. :)

That Sigma lens is really cheap (low cost) is it any good? I have always bought Nikon lenses for my Nikon cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back