Momma, I'm coming home!

Well now I'm at a total loss. Canon called me and suddenly I can disregard the NDA and keep the loaner camera. In not really sure I can give up the 500 F4. The D7200 and sigma sport have given me prelimary ho-hum tests.. What to do?

Your best pictures will come from the camera and/or lens you like best....

It's possible they weren't really thinking about both sides of the issue when they asked you to sign, and when you refused, they reconsidered and realized they were in the wrong. Then they admitted their mistake and tried to rectify it, which takes considerable nerve for a big corporation.

Or maybe they're just concerned about the following you have and want you to be seen holding their cameras.

Either way, go with whatever gives you your best results. :)

Wow, what next. The decisions don't get any easier.

Well now I'm at a total loss. Canon called me and suddenly I can disregard the NDA and keep the loaner camera. In not really sure I can give up the 500 F4. The D7200 and sigma sport have given me prelimary ho-hum tests.. What to do?

Damn, I was going to LOL, but seriously it's not funny.

What it shows to me and hopefully others, is that these decisions are not always based on one factor. The fact that the lens makes this a tough or tougher decision really says a lot; especially coming from someone well respected like yourself.

Well, Canon has obviously considered the situation more carefully and decided to do the right thing. Me, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and stay with Canon. I'm sure a lot of back and forth took place at Canon, and though there initial response may not have been great in the end they decided to do the right thing.

So ya, if it were me, I'd stick with Canon. As for the D7200.. umm.. hmm....

Sell it to Watchful. He can afford it. :)

Your best pictures will come from the camera and/or lens you like best....

It's possible they weren't really thinking about both sides of the issue when they asked you to sign, and when you refused, they reconsidered and realized they were in the wrong. Then they admitted their mistake and tried to rectify it, which takes considerable nerve for a big corporation.

Or maybe they're just concerned about the following you have and want you to be seen holding their cameras.

Either way, go with whatever gives you your best results. :)

Well, Canon has obviously considered the situation more carefully and decided to do the right thing. Me, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and stay with Canon. I'm sure a lot of back and forth took place at Canon, and though there initial response may not have been great in the end they decided to do the right thing.

Last sentence classic!

I totally agree Mr. Benz, especially since part of the fiasco was a misunderstanding. Hell, I really want to see that 500f4 slapped on a new D500. Can you imagine?

Kris, was the loaner 7d sent back already? OMG, this is totally crazy.

I wonder what JC is going to do now also.

Wow Adorama doesn't mess around. I ordered the d7200 yesterday at 6 or so and it arrived around 1:30 today. Got my offer accepted on green toe as well, so I should officially have a Sigma 150-600 sport tomorrow and be back in Nikon world by Saturday.. I spoke with Canon today and they tried to smooth things over.. Too little too late as the saying goes..

Adorama for the win! I just ordered a printer that was shipped two hours after I clicked Pay now!

OMG I would hate being in your shoes :(
What a dilemma, look deep inside see what you really want/lust for and go for it, either way both Canon and Nikon have tools that will do the job.
If you feel the D500 is the camera you really, really want then do it and move to Nikon, if you feel the 500mm is more important then stick to Canon.
Either way I dont envy you.

Good luck buddy

What it shows to me and hopefully others, is that these decisions are not always based on one factor. The fact that the lens makes this a tough or tougher decision really says a lot; especially coming from someone well respected like yourself.
Besides the 500 F4 I really love the 200 F2.8. It is so very complicated. There is not really a direct replacement at the price point in the lineup for the 200.

Lmao.. Yes it would appear they reconsidered their actions and realized it was a mistake and for that I can forgive them.. Honestly the service manager has been great to work with and the other "things" have been out of his control..
What a dilemma, look deep inside see what you really want/lust for and go for it, either way both Canon and Nikon have tools that will do the job.
If you feel the D500 is the camera you really, really want then do it and move to Nikon, if you feel the 500mm is more important then stick to Canon.

Good luck buddy
Yes indeed it is a very tough decision, but camera bodies come and go. When I purchased the 500 F4 I thought I would be purchasing the lens for a decade..

Since you primarily shoot a couple long lenses you could theoretically shoot both systems. If you could work around the ergonomics. 7dii+500, and 7200+sigma.

If you are 100% happy with the loaner body and your 500mm lens (and your pics were certainly spectacular with those) then I would keep it and return the 7200 etc. Adorama is fabulous about returns. Is the thought of the mythical D500 Unicorn body making you reconsider what you wanted in the first place?

Besides the 500 F4 I really love the 200 F2.8. It is so very complicated. There is not really a direct replacement at the price point in the lineup for the 200.

Lmao.. Yes it would appear they reconsidered their actions and realized it was a mistake and for that I can forgive them.. Honestly the service manager has been great to work with and the other "things" have been out of his control..

Good luck buddy

Yes indeed it is a very tough decision, but camera bodies come and go. When I purchased the 500 F4 I thought I would be purchasing the lens for a decade..

man, just started reading this thread. sorry to hear you got to deal with that crap. i am not a canon fan, i do like their point and shoot and their bridge cameras but i don't know for some reason i like nikon for DSLR, canon does have some very nice lenses though..

they may be jerks but you did get really good results with that canon stuff. if you cant seem to get the same quality photos with the 7200 and 150-600 sport i think that answers your question right there. well as long as everything is cool with the canon stuff you own and they do not come back and start some more crap..

just out of curiosity what is the problem with the 7200 and 150-600 that makes it ho hum.. that is what i am shooting with and there is one thing i have going on that i feel is a pain in the ass with that set up, i constantly have to use exposure comp between +1 or some times up to +2 because when using auto ISO it usually does not give me a proper exposure, its usually underexosed so i need to adjust it my self with exposure comp constantly.

with my d5300 and my old sigma 150-500 it usually gave me a nice exposure using auto iso and i rarley had to use the exposure comp... even though that is a big pain and i have missed a good shot here or there because the auto iso did not do its job well and the light meter is often wrong i need to figure out what exposure comp setting i need before i start shooting in each spot or my photos are under exposed.

but i am getting some great shots with it over all so i guess i cant complain too much.. just wondering if you noticed the same thing..

If you like using ec in manual, it's a good thing you don't shoot Canon. ;) Not an option.....

If you like using ec in manual, it's a good thing you don't shoot Canon. ;) Not an option.....

i actually need it on my camera if i am using any type of manual mode, and i really like my auto ISO. if i do not use it i get allot of this going on in any type of manual mode while shooting birds against a sky, up in a tree or often in a lake..

on land it usually does pretty good with the exposure comp at 0

20160415-DSC_8476.jpg .

I feel like mine is pretty consistent as long as I spot meter. On extreme cases I just open up or slow down the shutter. Whichever I can spare. I try to leave ISO on auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back