Momma, I'm coming home!

No really, I finally am.. Easing my way in with a D7200 that a friend no longer needs after he got the D500.. Once I sell all my Canon gear it is D500 and 500 F4 time..

Oh, if anyone is looking for Canon gear... Just saying..

Did something else happen, I thought you were sorted with the canon stuff?
It's complicated, but it was just time.. Seems,like everyone I know is getting a D500. I did an informal test with a D500 and the Canon and the D500 easily won...
Isn't it amazing how yesterday's king is tossed aside for the new king ?
Thank god Nikon and Canon has about 3-4 year gap between their expensive models.
One thing that amazes me with Sony is how fast they change their models.
You buy a new A7 series camera only to find the next year a new model came out.
Well in the case of the D500 it was more like 7 years lol.. Once I'm back in back for good, well at least as long as Nikon is in business, lol..
Well then officially let me say (again LOL) welcome back, we missed you here, we were all sad when you were seduced by the dark side of the force :)

See you are a good guy:) Well my 80D and some of my smaller lenses sold very quickly... Ordered up a D500 with the ridiculously overprice grip.. Pretty psyched :)

I though nikon was the dark side... depends on who you ask i guess. lol... what brand you use really doesn't matter as long as your happy with the results you get from it. that is how i see it..

it would be cool to see a D7200 VS D500 comparison, same lens, same settings, same subject with out any editing just to see how different the IQ of the cameras are..

I though nikon was the dark side... depends on who you ask i guess. lol... what brand you use really doesn't matter as long as your happy with the results you get from it. that is how i see it..

it would be cool to see a D7200 VS D500 comparison, same lens, same settings, same subject with out any editing just to see how different the IQ of the cameras are..

I would bet there wouldn't be much of a difference... Your paying for the build, speed, buffer and AF system

I would bet there wouldn't be much of a difference... Your paying for the build, speed, buffer and AF system
I too think that the difference when considering IQ, DR and low light performance shouldn't be too big but the reviews are very confusing, some say its still in the APS-C performance level and some say its FX level.

I did see a review or two where a guy said his d500 had better over all IQ over the d7200 but there were no real examples of that in the review. I have seen quite a few high ISO D500 photos. around 12k ISO there was not really any noise. At 50k ISO the images were still usable but barley. I am convinced the ISO performance blows the d7200 away,. I just wonder if there is really a noticeable difference in IQ like a few people claim.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I did see a review or two where a guy said his d500 had better over all IQ over the d7200 but there were no real examples of that in the review. I have seen quite a few high ISO D500 photos. around 12k ISO there was not really any noise. At 50k ISO the images were still usable but barley. I am convinced the ISO performance blows the d7200 away,. I just wonder if there is really a noticeable difference in IQ like a few people claim.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Honestly I am very careful to judge by a picture that somebody put in high ISO.
In some cases I shot picture with my D750 at 12800ISO where there was very little noise, on some picture already 1600ISO and you can see lots of noise even on this FX camera so few good pictures I never judge a camera for good or bad.
There are so many variants that decide if a picture will come out clean or not, the hi ISO performance of the camera is only one factor of many when looking at the overall results of a certain picture.

@coastalconn when will we be seeing the first d7200 shots
You won't be! My Canon gear sold so quickly I went straight to the D500! It is arriving today.. I posted the D7200 that I was going to buy in the B/S section... I shipped out my 500 F4 yesterday.. Once it makes it to Cali I will be buying a Nikon 500 F4. By the end of the month I will be fully set up again...
I have my old D300 at the moment that I permanently loaned too a friend. She is old and tired with well over 150K clicks. The AF only engages half the time. Shot with it yesterday though and borrowed a Tamron 150-600 from a friend...
Mockingbird 6_13 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

You won't be! My Canon gear sold so quickly I went straight to the D500! It is arriving today.. I posted the D7200 that I was going to buy in the B/S section... I shipped out my 500 F4 yesterday.. Once it makes it to Cali I will be buying a Nikon 500 F4. By the end of the month I will be fully set up again...
I have my old D300 at the moment that I permanently loaned too a friend. She is old and tired with well over 150K clicks. The AF only engages half the time. Shot with it yesterday though and borrowed a Tamron 150-600 from a friend...

I don't like you, tell me your secrets lol... Congrats man I hope you enjoy all the new gear and thousands of happy hours in the field... Looks I have to refine how I use a camera or I'm just doing something completely wrong haha..

I don't like you, tell me your secrets lol... Congrats man I hope you enjoy all the new gear and thousands of happy hours in the field... Looks I have to refine how I use a camera or I'm just doing something completely wrong haha..
Thanks! But I told everyone my secrets here....Capturing distinctive bird images :)

Wait quickly delete it before the other see it too.. Thanks man

Old crappy equipment and you are getting these gorgeous shots ?

NOT FAIR!!! :1247:

He makes it look ridiculously easy!! I agree.

Enjoy the new machine, Kris!

Wow, the 500 sold fast!

Which sadly leaves me in a conundrum, I mean happy that your switching back to Nikon but now no longer able to tease you about using Canon...

Lol

Nice shot over on FB...looks like things are only going to be better with your new camera!

Most reactions

Back