My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit

My feeling has always been that many who have it set to Not ok to edit are the members of the site who are not specifically here to learn. We do have photographers who have many years experience and they've already gained a level of understanding to the point where what they show is generally the final result that they want. They may will still welcome critical assessment, but in general they are hearing viewpoints rather than out to actively see their work chopped and changed over and over - further many are just here to show rather than be in the critique game (we've the galleries to - not just the beginner section ;)).

As said earlier, most who have "no editing" will often allow it in select situations when someone asks.

There's also the fact that I don't need people telling me how to "Fix" something in Photoshop or Lightroom or something else that I don't use.

Typically, I only post edits to show crop possibilities, which is hard to describe with text.

There's also the fact that I don't need people telling me how to "Fix" something in Photoshop or Lightroom or something else that I don't use.

Typically, I only post edits to show crop possibilities, which is hard to describe with text.
You are absolutely right, and I agree. Unfortunately there is no criteria stating that this can be edited and that can't and these members can edit my photos and others can't. I respect the abilities of a lot of people on this forum, and would never deny them permission to edit one of my shots, to the contrary I'd appreciate it, but I'm not willing to open them up to anyone performing any edits.

Overread stated my personal position much better than I could have (thank you!).

I just don't like my images hosted all over the place. I realize someone can grab it and upload it anyway, but that is what it is.

I'm not sure I follow you. We're mainly talking about images embedded in posts.

ph0enix said:

Yes but for me to edit a photo and post it back here I would have to upload it onto my Flickr account. Think that is what she(?) meant.

I'm wondering why so many people use that setting. It hinders your learning process, IMO.

I agree! IMHO pretty much every photo can be improved - - and learned from.

mcb6e1.jpg

ph0enix said:

Yes but for me to edit a photo and post it back here I would have to upload it onto my Flickr account. Think that is what she(?) meant.

Megan, that would make sense except that Bossy has posted photos here the other day (through photobucket).

ph0enix said:

Megan, that would make sense except that Bossy has posted photos here the other day (through photobucket).
Yeah, but she has control over that account. If I posted an edit of one of your photos, hosting it on my Flickr account - you would have no control over it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back