Noob photographers rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was at a homecoming game last night at a Christian public school I used to go to. It was so stupid seeing all these rich families running around with entry level DSLR's shooting in auto x'D I asked this one random person if I could use hers real quick because I was bored, she had it in macro mode! What is wrong with people buying DSLR's to only shoot in auto and these retarded camera modes?!?! It's got to be a status symbol or something. So stupid I swear....there were few legit or experienced photographers that knew what they were doing so that was great to see. I gotta contact this guy to see if I can work as an assistant for him or something. I need a joooooobbbb

Dont let it get to you just prove your better by images.

I bought a car but I'm not eying to be a race car driver.

Light Guru said:
Dont let it get to you just prove your better by images.

I bought a car but I'm not eying to be a race car driver.

Love that quote! I will always prove to have better pictures than them. It's still pretty ridiculous. They are all rich spoiled families it's so sad.

Considering your comment

It was so stupid seeing all these rich families running around with entry level DSLR's

What is the problem

JSER said:
Considering your comment

It was so stupid seeing all these rich families running around with entry level DSLR's

What is the problem

Because they were shooting in auto. I think it's stupid to spend money on things and not use them to their full potential. With most of them it was a status symbol thing, the kids parents are even like that with cars and houses. The majority of them are snobs I had to put up with when I used to go to school there.

Just think of the money going into the the camera companies' coffers to fund better and better tools for those who know what they are doing. And without lots of 'photographers' then there would be considerably fewer forums to rant in......

thosewhotell said:
Just think of the money going into the the camera companies' coffers to fund better and better tools for those who know what they are doing. And without lots of 'photographers' then there would be considerably fewer forums to rant in......

Holy crap you're right! So right! Ok, I'm happy now. They can set fire to them for all I care now :)

They aren't photographers, just parents wanting to take photos of their children.

Advertising has done it's job

And not everyone who goes to a private school is rich

JSER said:
Considering your comment

What is the problem

Because they were shooting in auto. I think it's stupid to spend money on things and not use them to their full potential. With most of them it was a status symbol thing, the kids parents are even like that with cars and houses. The majority of them are snobs I had to put up with when I used to go to school there.

So because I want the best for my sons and buy the best I can afford I am a snob, so be it.

... It was so stupid seeing all these rich families running around with entry level DSLR's shooting in auto x'D ...
So ... because one wants the better optics of a DSLR and the better focus module of a DSLR and the better metering of a DSLR yet doesn't want to learn how to use one to it's full extents that makes them a snob? Nikon and Canon and Pentax and Sony and all the other manufacturers put those modes there specifically for people like that, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with people choosing to use them. If they are content with their results that is all that matters, so where is the problem?

JSER said:
Considering your comment

What is the problem

Still looking for the problem

Entry level DSLR.... Would you feel better if they were shooting AUTO with their D7000 :confused:

Shooting in auto...The camera buildin' folks put "AUTO" on their camera's for a reason. PEOPLE USE IT!

Here's a idea... Focus through your own veiwfinder and let others enjoy the hobby as they see fit.

I hope I didn't sound too much like a rich snob

JSER said:
Considering your comment

What is the problem

Still looking for the problem

Entry level DSLR.... Would you feel better if they were shooting AUTO with their D7000 :confused:

Shooting in auto...The camera buildin' folks put "AUTO" on their camera's for a reason. PEOPLE USE IT!

Here's a idea... Focus through your own veiwfinder and let others enjoy the hobby as they see fit.

I hope I didn't sound too much like a rich snob

Me too, fail to see the problem, these are entry level DSLRs, like an earlier person said, I would find it kind of lame to see people taking Nikon 7000 or Canon 60D cameras and shooting in auto "all the time", but that's just my opinion, however there comes a time when auto mode can be more convenient because there isn't much time to setup your camera how you want to take the shot, then it's all about post processing the RAW files.

It was so stupid seeing all these rich families running around with entry level DSLR's shooting in auto x'D I asked this one random person if I could use hers real quick because I was bored, she had it in macro mode! What is wrong with people buying DSLR's to only shoot in auto and these retarded camera modes?!?! It's got to be a status symbol or something. So stupid I swear
I gotta contact this guy to see if I can work as an assistant for him or something. I need a joooooobbbb
... and with an attitude like this you're sure to be successful. :lol:

I never pay attention to what others are doing........ whether they have a camera or not.

Edit to add: Well, maybe not NEVER. If the crowd seems to be running one direction, and one person wearing black with white "BOMB SQUAD lettering is running the other way.... yeah.... I might act differently.

Last edited:
You're a pretty young kid, so lets not crucify you for the original post too much, but what you said was really immature.

First, these people are out there at their kids games, on the sidelines, taking pictures of their kids. Lets applaud them for that, not deride them for that. Whatever it is they're doing right or wrong, they are clearly making an effort to be a caring, supportive parent, which is way more important to our society than knowing the ins and outs of your D5100.

Second, between being parents and having full time jobs and perhaps spending whatever small amount of time is left with their spouse, they most likely simply don't have the time to learn about photography. They're not an unemployed kid, they're grown ups with grown up jobs.

Third, it's doubtful that they bought their dSLR as a status symbol. There are MUCH easier, better recognized status symbols than beginner dSLRs. They likely went to a store and asked a salesman what would help them take the best pictures of their kids possible. Again, being a grown person with grown person time commitments probably precluded them from putting much of a time commitment into it.

Fourth, do you not see the irony of how judgmental, superficial, etc you are being? You seem to be judging these people's character solely based on a camera they have around their neck and the fact that they aren't experts with it. If you must judge a person at all, judge their individual character based on deep interaction with them personally. Don't make sweeping generalizations based on extraordinarily brief, superficial observations.

Again, I understand you're a really young guy, but if you don't walk around judging everybody so harshly and being jealous of things they have, life is a lot easier. And photography is a lot easier when you focus on the gear you have and what you can do with it instead of what everybody else has and how well they can or can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back