problem with Kodak Aerocolor IV 2460

Negative.Rolls.0_0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!
so i just shot my friends with Kodak Aerocolor IV 2460, but it turns very red like it's burnt?
i used this roll before, sometimes the color turns nice but sometimes it's weirdly turns red. does anyone ever encounter this kind of problem?
1691143266416.png
1691143293965.png

1691143198137.png

Yes, I agree there's a lot of red in a couple of these. The middle shot looks okay.

How is this film being developed? Are you sending it to the same lab each time?

Yes, I agree there's a lot of red in a couple of these. The middle shot looks okay.

How is this film being developed? Are you sending it to the same lab each time?
i sent them to my 2 local labs, and their results gives me both red color, and it's being developed in c41

First, this film is not "normal" C-41 film. It's made for aerial photography. That means you get what you get. Colors will never be "normal". And yeah, a big part of that is the lab you send it to and how well they develop and scan your film.

Here is the tech sheet..... https://www.kodak.com/content/pdfs/KODAK-AEROCOLOR-III-Negative-Film-2460-datasheet-en.pdf
but does being "aerial photography" film have to do with it being so red? i saw other shoots with this film, but theirs don't turn red like this :(

but does being "aerial photography" film have to do with it being so red? i saw other shoots with this film, but theirs don't turn red like this :(
Yes, it has a clear base instead of the normal C-41 films that have an orange base. Software and scanners can have a tough time with the colors because of this. It's like when you process slide film (E-6 process) in C-41, you get "off" colors.
You could send that film to 10 different labs and get 10 different results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back