Thought you guys would enjoy this

Status
Not open for further replies.
21. Ditch the neck strap and get a handstrap.

Yes that makes sense for those of us who use two bodies or who might want some releif from holding the camera or might need both hands for someting, including taking a pee.

27. Always underexpose by 2/3rds of a stop when shooting in broad daylight.

This makes no sense at all. In broad daylight, which I infer means 'sun up in the sky', the camera tries to make everything middle grey so that in situations where there is a lot of light - like any street scene- any shadows will be underexposed if you expose on what the meter says. So underexposing by 2/3 stop means that faces in the shadow or faces under hats or umbrellas will be driven even deeper in the shadow.

in before steve5d says you wrote this post with emotion and not objectivity.

What a stupid little comment.

Where have I said anything about anyone posting with emotion?

Right. I haven't...

bro, this is the internet--it's all about stupid little comments.

But good job distracting us from the specific examples you wanted.

Yes, I'm 12. In that short span of life I was somehow able to read, comprehend, and walk away from a "tip" list feeling like it was trash and had no dire need to foolishly defend it like it was the best tip list ever created and everyone who thought differently was wrong and should be somehow ashamed.

I've not "defended" anything. What I've done is taken issue with the prevailing approach of dismissing the list out of hand, as you have done. Doing that is stupid.

Come up with a better list. Clearly, if you've such an issue with this one, you can come up with one of your own...

fwiw, I wrote my response to #6 assuming the list was penned by a woman; specifically the one in the photo above the list. With that being said, I would like to change my response to: nice tip, a**hole.

From the link:

Here's a list of tips, advice, rules and just things to know about photography from Eric Kim

Yes, I know so many women named Eric...

:mrgreen:

Honestly, I feel like those two responses equal in the offensiveness/brassiness/childness of tips offered.

You've still not explained why you find this list so offensive. I don't suspect you possess that capacity, so I won't wait...

bro, this is the internet--it's all about stupid little comments.

Lucky for you, as you apparently lack the ability to offer anything beyond that.

Sadly for you, though, you're making yourself look silly by suggesting I've said anything about someone posting with "emotion". The only "emotion" I've seen here is yours, and that emotion is "whiney"...

Here's a challenge for you. This would be simple for most, but I think it may be a real puzzler for you: Take his list of 100 suggestions, and come up with 100 new suggestions, which address the same thing, but which illustrate how stupid his suggestions are.

Can you do that?

If so, great. Let's see it. If not, stop whining about suggestions from a pro (which you clearly are not) and making yourself look foolish...

I've not "defended" anything. What I've done is taken issue with the prevailing approach of dismissing the list out of hand, as you have done. Doing that is stupid.

You haven't done jack but call everyone here that has taken some issue with the list no less than stupid.

Come up with a better list. Clearly, if you've such an issue with this one, you can come up with one of your own...

I have come up with a bunch of better tips in this thread than the entire 100 from Eric.

fwiw, I wrote my response to #6 assuming the list was penned by a woman; specifically the one in the photo above the list. With that being said, I would like to change my response to: nice tip, a**hole.

From the link:
Here's a list of tips, advice, rules and just things to know about photography from Eric Kim

Yes, I know so many women named Eric...

:mrgreen:

Please, try harder.

Honestly, I feel like those two responses equal in the offensiveness/brassiness/childness of tips offered.
You've still not explained why you find this list so offensive. I don't suspect you possess that capacity, so I won't wait...

I, specifically, said "Those TWO responses."

Why all the aggro Steve5D? Why all the personal attacks and arguments? Can nobody express an opinion that you disagree with, without you reaming them and personally running them down?

Lucky for you, as you apparently lack the ability to offer anything beyond that.

Sadly for you, though, you're making yourself look silly by suggesting I've said anything about someone posting with "emotion". The only "emotion" I've seen here is yours, and that emotion is "whiney"...

I look anything but whiney. I might look like an ass, but I don't even care. The only person in this thread that looks whiney is you. In real life, I look look pretty silly though, I will admit that.

Here's a challenge for you. This would be simple for most, but I think it may be a real puzzler for you: Take his list of 100 suggestions, and come up with 100 new suggestions, which address the same thing, but which illustrate how stupid his suggestions are.

Can you do that?

Here's my list:

1-99: Use the rule of thirds.
100: Shoot RAW.

If so, great. Let's see it. If not, stop whining about suggestions from a pro (which you clearly are not) and making yourself look foolish...

rofl.

Why all the aggro Steve5D? Why all the personal attacks and arguments? Can nobody express an opinion that you disagree with, without you reaming them and personally running them down?

Maybe you should read where Braineack's comments were "Nice tip, *****" and "F$ck off".

If someone is going to take issue with something, that's fine. But taking issue with something, and offering no alternative is just whining...

I look anything but whiney. I might look like an ass, but I don't even care. The only person in this thread that looks whiney is you. In real life, I look look pretty silly though, I will admit that.

Can you do that?

Here's my list:

1-99: Use the rule of thirds.
100: Shoot RAW.

rofl.

Offer alternatives. Otherwise, you're just whining...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back