Weekly challenge 11/2 - 11/8 Abstractolutely Fabulous!

Looking up Droste effect was very informative. I learned that it was named after the Dutch brand of cocoa that had that recursive picture within picture on the label.

I also looked up Abstract Art.

49031580046_a5ecfb98a9_b.jpg

This too was pretty informative.

Looking up Droste effect was very informative. I learned that it was named after the Dutch brand of cocoa that had that recursive picture within picture on the label.

I believe you missed the Weekly Challenge of May 4, 2019 (which I organized because of SquarePeg's vacation in that week), the theme was: repeat - repeat - repeat https://www.thephotoforum.com/threads/weekly-challenge-5-4-5-10-repeat-repeat-repeat.436529/

The Droste effect, frequently used by Dutch artist Escher, is also mentioned, you can find very interesting pictures of forum members in that challenge. BTW, the Droste company still excists, their cocoa and chocolates are absolutely the best, with the richest taste, you can get in The Netherlands.

These are for the winter days. My vast collection of silicon wafer chips when I was moonlighting in the computer programming / hardware design world. I was making some bank in those days but not getting any sleep. Anyway, I have a serious collection that has been packed away from the 80's and 90's, and early 2000's. Dallas, EEPROM to name a couple. I have recently been communicated with about my collection and someone wants to buy it because it is apparently significant and cataloged to boot (no pun intended). They seen an image of mine and apparently it was rare. I have sent my database catalog of poo poo load to the interested party. I was recently making room for a dark room in my house and stumbled upon these forgotten wafers. I pulled one out and said, oh there is an image in that light reflected surface. I have some bizzare ones in different light but I have to figure a way to even light them. Crazy thing is that he offered me a breath taking amount for something I thought worthless. I have 10 times the amount he realized. Come and get it brother is what I say. He said he can make money on it if the price is right and he has buyers. God Bless him. I am such an idiot. I never would have thought taking a pic of a wafer would cause my wife to make me dinner one more day.

DSCF2838E.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back