Breaking The Limitations of Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer. I can now affirm with certainty.

You're an idiot.

Now, I didn't expect to have to learn how to use it that fast, but I will proceed to use the ignore function. It was fun at the beginning but honestly now I've grew bored of this. I hope one day you get yourself straight and realize you're just a human being as good as the next one. I still won't wish you arm, but I think in your case a good punch in the face might help a lot. Lead a good life.

To be honest, I don't think he's an idiot, but rather a lonely kid who is so desperate for attention that he'll take anything he can get, even if he has to force it out of people by being a tool. I think that's pretty sad. But I do agree with you on one thing: it's time to stop giving him that attention. I believe Derrel may have been making that point earlier in this thread, and perhaps it's time to take that advice.

good is good, bad is not good. Bad is always easy to spot. Sometimes good is difficult to see but nobody says good is bad.

Yeah, it was kind of fun. Hopefully he'll have a change of heart and become a contributing member, not just being a Magnificent Member.

Thanks for your answer. I can now affirm with certainty.
To be honest, I don't think he's an idiot, but rather a lonely kid who is so desperate for attention that he'll take anything he can get, even if he has to force it out of people by being a tool. I think that's pretty sad. But I do agree with you on one thing: it's time to stop giving him that attention. I believe Derrel may have been making that point earlier in this thread, and perhaps it's time to take that advice.

Yep. If anything, he needs to see a psychiatrist.

if your bio is correct you're 19 or 20? That would explain how naive you are. Or maybe you're just trolling, who knows.
sometimes I forget that most of the major posters here are nearly 2.5 times my age (I'm 17). being naive works pretty well for me. I'll think to myself "hey look I can do good photos too." and then I'll get on this forum and someone's posted something new and then I go "that's awesome! I want to try that!"
the process of learning itself is fun. thinking I've reached the relative top and then suddenly realising I could go even further - something I only ever learn from this forum.
OP, on the other hand...too much courage can be detrimental. a lone warrior fighting a full regiment can just as soon die a fool as he will a hero.
I'd say you're pretty close to the 'fool' part.

In some ways, this thread is illustrating a certain phenomenon that is rather common.

When I was around 17-20, I thought I really understood how the world worked, and even better, how it SHOULD work. The old, tired ways of thinking (as exhibited by my parents, teachers, and other fuddy-duddies), had to be shown for the pretenses they were. By the time I was about 24, (graduated, working, in a serious relationship), I started to appreciate that the "old, tired" ways were there partly due to circumstance, partly because of human nature, and partly because they worked for the majority of people. By my early 30's with the challenges of being a father, balancing a career, continuing my education, and being a husband to my wife, all continued to teach me that there was so much I was still ignorant of.

As my daughters grew up, they too went through this phase of questioning all authority, all precedents, all assumptions. For a while, my oldest daughter went through a phase of burning us CD's of the music she thought we needed to update ourselves with, and would send us articles about how the world really worked. It pained her deeply that we were so blind, so unaware, and so un-cultured. My other daughters also went through this phase, but in outwardly different ways. My brothers and sisters (in law) as they raised THEIR families, went through rather similar things. It's a bit of a wonder, but as my daughters continued growing, they would come back more and more often for comments, advice and support. Guess Mom and Dad did actually know a thing or two. (as I found out that my parents had a pretty good idea of how the world actually worked).

Along the way, we learned about the heartbreak of losing close family members, going through life-threatening events, finding out and confronting major character flaws, finding ourselves in circumstances which were both very difficult and life-altering. Humans are very complicated and contradictory beings, with both brilliance and idiocy, deep insight and obtuse stubbornness, inspiring and depressing, all mixed into an uneven mix. Add to this the vagarities of history, custom, and circumstance, and one finds that navigating the human society can be a full-time challenge. But you don't know what you don't know. And the ability to truly appreciate consequence doesn't seem to fully develop until the mid-20ies (of course some may be precociously aware at 12, while others never ever get there).

The OP, Josh, is on a journey of discovery. His way of expressing himself is quite in the stream of people going through this stage of their life.His self-confidence (or arrogance) is also more or less typical. I wish Josh continued success. But Josh, even though for you it's your first time on this path, and the discovery is amazing, many of us have already passed this way before, so hopefully you will forgive us for not jumping with excitement at your exuberance.

if your bio is correct you're 19 or 20? That would explain how naive you are. Or maybe you're just trolling, who knows.
sometimes I forget that most of the major posters here are nearly 2.5 times my age (I'm 17). being naive works pretty well for me. I'll think to myself "hey look I can do good photos too." and then I'll get on this forum and someone's posted something new and then I go "that's awesome! I want to try that!"
the process of learning itself is fun. thinking I've reached the relative top and then suddenly realising I could go even further - something I only ever learn from this forum.
OP, on the other hand...too much courage can be detrimental. a lone warrior fighting a full regiment can just as soon die a fool as he will a hero.
I'd say you're pretty close to the 'fool' part.

For the record I'm only 26. Although I wasn't that much of a fool at 19-20, I can remember thinking I had it all figured out. It took a few hard lessons before I learned some humility

In some ways, this thread is illustrating a certain phenomenon that is rather common.

When I was around 17-20, I thought I really understood how the world worked, and even better, how it SHOULD work. The old, tired ways of thinking (as exhibited by my parents, teachers, and other fuddy-duddies), had to be shown for the pretenses they were. ..............

When I was 15, I was astounded how inept and dumb my parents were. It was amazing how much better and smarter they were by the time I hit 35.

Firstly finding a forum to accommodate my level of art is rare

I'd go so far as to say that to find a forum that adequately accommodates your art, and your ego, you'd have to just start one yourself. And you'd likely be the only member. But hey, my dad used to often say, "Sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get any intelligent conversation." :biglaugh:

You have to go outside of your comfort zone as I keep telling you all, only then will you grow and thrive.

It's SO very frustrating when you know it all and people won't listen to you try to enlighten them.
It'd be fun, though, to be around and watch your re-read this stuff when you're 60. Hopefully, you won't "know" nearly as much by then.

Good luck with your art, and best wishes for your apparently imminent spiritual ascension.

Imma just go back to taking my boring comfortable pictures now. Have a good life!

@Josh100LuBu While all of this (massively out of proportion joke) is fun to me, I think this has become way out of proportion. Even though I'm fairly new, as a member of this forum and this community, my question to you is ;

Are you genuinely interested to converse about photography as an art, no matter the creative choice of the individual, to help the community and its people to grow and thrive as photographers in their craft, style and techniques and in return, receive the same, fair treatment?

OR

Are you here only to promote your own "talents" and are not open to receive critiques by the member of this community.

If your answer to the first question is yes, then please revise your way of acting and if you do, I'm pretty sure I can talk for everyone here, that people will welcome you as a member of this community. Right now with the way you've acted in the previous thread and this one, I can only regard you as a selfish, attention-fishing asshole. You may report me if you want, moderator are free to punish what I just said as I entirely assume it. But I will not apologize as that is genuinely what my first impression is of you and I'm sure it is the same for most people here. If you are ready to understand what caused it and to change it, I will then be pleased to address apologies in due time and truly welcome you.

If you are not willing to change your way of acting with us, or if you answered yes to the second question. Now I have no right to force you or anything, but as a member of this community, I'm asking you to leave as you do not have your place here.
First of all, you requested me to leave so I will decline that request because it isn't an order. Secondly, i'm not obliged to answer those questions at all but for the sake of this debate I will answer them directly. I am here to change the perceptions of the vanilla photographer, i'm here to usher in a new age of photography. This community needs a good face-lift and nobody else seems to be doing it. I am passionate about this and I want a positive change here in the community that would benefit a whole new category of artists who perhaps don't have the thick skin to publish their work on here like I have in fear of ridicule. Whilst you may love the traditions of old most up and coming artists really don't value it as much as the older guys, that is the truth and changing the way the system works would draw more people in. I go out protesting in real life, I am heavily involved in the truth movements in Britain and believe me this is a worthy cause for concern. Change with the times or the times will leave you in the dust.
When Warhol was creating his work it was inovative, fresh and relevant. Picaso and Dalhi were inovative, fresh and relevant. What I have seen of yours is neither inovative, fresh and frankly it is irrelevant. It is just your take on that which has already been done before you by your betters. If it speaks to you then you should listen to it's cries for help.

From reading you posts the only true passion you have is for yourself. Van Gogh was an artist of true passion. He cut off an ear for love. There is real truth in such an act.

All you have done is to cut off your nose to spite your face. Perhaps you should consider using that free health care you have over there to have your Trolliosis looked at. Then move from Mum and Dads's house, get a job and join the real world. Come back in ten years or so once you have lived in the real world.

.... get a job and join the real world. Come back in ten years or so once you have lived in the real world.

I like that idea. The OP should open a restaurant. And not one that serves 'vanilla' food either.

The menu should include such visionary/culinary delights as squid casserole, Thin Mints with mayonnaise, t-bone steak smothered in Skittles sauce, mashed potatoes with licorice, chocolate-covered pig uterus, fried cockroaches with a vinaigrette sauce, and sea urchin scones. Wash it down with a tuna milkshake, Coke & ketsup or chocolate milk with orange juice. What's on the dessert tray? Liver merangue pie and strawberry popsicles with ranch dressing!

Yum! Yum!

.... get a job and join the real world. Come back in ten years or so once you have lived in the real world.

I like that idea. The OP should open a restaurant. And not one that serves 'vanilla' food either.

The menu should include such visionary/culinary delights as squid casserole, Thin Mints with mayonnaise, t-bone steak smothered in Skittles sauce, mashed potatoes with licorice, chocolate-covered pig uterus, fried cockroaches with a vinaigrette sauce, and sea urchin scones. Wash it down with a tuna milkshake, Coke & ketsup or chocolate milk with orange juice. What's on the dessert tray? Liver merangue pie and strawberry popsicles with ranch dressing!

Yum! Yum!

You know, Sparky, in some alternate universe, that will be main-stream fare.

Yum! Yum!

You know, Sparky, in some alternate universe, that will be main-stream fare.
If you've ever eaten from a 'street meat' cart in south-east Asia, a lot of that already is; ask Lew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back