Rookie Mistake

Well at least you found a good spot to photograph. You know where to go next time.

reason why I carry at least 3+ memory cards when I bring my gear.

Ouch, I tend to forget to bring stuff home from the shoot. :er:

Leave a USB-camera cord in your computer and just hook up the camera to transfer images. I haven't removed the card from my current camera since I bought it over a year ago. I delete the images from the card after they have been saved on at least two drives, usually a few days.

ha man that sucks.
I went to a paid shoot once and forgot my camera....I tried to pretend like "I meant to do that".
Luckily I always have a spare in the car. I keep a gear bag with a little of everything in the trunk and just leave it there.

yeah we all do it

480sparky said:
16 cards, 5 batteries...... No issues.

How long have you been into photography? Lol

I just recently got into it, I'll get there eventually. Im actually contemplating getting an extra battery for my vacation coming up. We'll be hiking and stuff like that and the last thing I want is my battery to die while setting up for a good shot.

How long have you been into photography? Lol

Since the Johnson administraion. Digital.... Since 2003.

I used to shoot pro back in the late '70s and into the 80s.... had my own studio, did weddings, portraiture, the whole nine yards. Then just got sick of it, sold all my medium format & studio gear (kept the 35mm stuff for personal use) and reinvented myself. After 5-6 years, even my 35mm Pentax gear was boxed up and in the basement from sheer lack of interest.

Bought a Sony digital P&S in '03 so I could document job sites, progress, etc. Caught the bug again in '08, sold my 35mm gear on ebay and stepped up to DSLRs. But still gonna stay an electrician 'cause I don't want to put up with screamin' babies, whiney seniors and bitchy brides any more.

Truth be told, I found two rolls of Kodachrome 25 in my freezer a couple years ago..... expiration date of 1986. If I had known K25 was going to be dropped by Kodak, I would have used it 'for old time's sake' instead of pitching it.

I've forgotten my battery once. I got everything packed early...but saw the battery was 1 or 2 bar so I plug it in the charger. I was running late so I forgot about the battery and grab my gears to go. lol luckily it's not for something important.

I've started putting my car keys next to the battery charger any time I charge the battery. :)

Kevin

Oh that is rough. I must say I am guilty of this exact same thing. Except when I did it. Was for a once in a lifetime opportunity photo for me.

I did this once. Rode my bike for 20 minutes, set up for a sunset and "No memory card" hit me.

I bought an extra that I always carry in my bag, and (most often) carry another one in the camera.

A spare card and battery in the bag is always a good idea. Come up with a trick or easy way to remember next time...like if you take the card/battery out, don't shut the door. Next time you go to grab your camera, if the battery or card door is open, it's a reminder to get it off the charger of out of your PC.

Most reactions

Back