So, you call yourself an artist.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Prove it! Let's see your most artistic or conceptualized photographs. Unless they are documentary-style shots, they should be pre-planned, thought out, production pieces. Everything preconceptualized. I'm really calling on not only the up-and-coming, but the elite that seem to like to dwell in the shadows. Let's see what you call your most impressive pieces of photographic artwork. I am hoping that this will prove to be a good use for my 4000th post on the forum. Please don't post "look what my new lens can do!" or "drool over my camera's high ISO capabilities!" photos. Nothing so pedantic. I'd really love to see some hidden gems that I'm sure are lurking around these parts. So, post 'em up!

I'll start.

This is one from a series I'm working on that I'm particularly proud of:

And some more...

I've shown you mine, now let's see yours!

:mrgreen:
Mark

I'd love to, but my bucket doesn't fit into the well you've provided. :no smile:

But.. congrats on 4K. When you get to 10K, you get a leather TPF jacket.

Last edited:
those are really cool, I love the first one, she's leaving. Love the action of her putting on her shirt as she's in a hurry to get out....or am I reading it not as intended? The eye with pencil...creepy!

I'd love to, but my bucket doesn't fit into the well you've provided. :no smile:

But.. congrats on 4K. When you get to 10K, you get a leather TPF jacket.
And when you hit 15K they take back the jacket and make you a mod! :(

I'll play:

474119_490931994262906_667999683_o.jpg

154481_497107093645396_561381441_n.jpg

"they should be pre-planned, thought out, production pieces. Everything preconceptualized." (tick) Yep, I do call myself an artist:

DSCF4972.JPG

;)

Nice stuff!

I don't call myself an artist I call myself a photog. Sure, am part artist, but I am more photog than artist.

Robin.. that second one. LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

To the OP... pre-planned? That bins every single picture I've ever taken. Well... there are a couple where I anticipated a certain person to be in place at a certain time.. I suppose I could include those...

Banjo%20Man%20-%20236%20rev2%20bw.jpg

I carried my camera every day for a month waiting for this guy to show up. Does that count? If so... I have two more that probably fit. otherwise, I guess I'm not an artist. :lol:

This one was setup from the perspective of ... I was waiting for a couple to walk into the shot I had composed already. Without them I think the shot is way less interesting.

Boston%20-%20Davis%20Square%20-%20April%202010%20-%20028.jpg

$Best-of-overexp-#2.jpg

It is only my opinion, but I think there has only been a handful of true artists in all of history. I consider myself an amateur, but a creative one.
Oh, and yes this was pre-planned. I knew where I wanted to photograph and visualized the final image before making the 4 minute exposure. I knew I wanted a Black and White image. And I anticipated the clouds coming towards me off the ocean would fan out in my direction. I hope my image qualifies.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back