So, you call yourself an artist.

I was waiting for these people to dance. I really couldn't have the angle I wanted as the paid pro was standing where I wanted to without a cluttered background. But hey, I came to party for my friend, not to take photos. But here are couple.
8837737234_c1446bac13_c.jpg

8837737510_0cf65039c6_c.jpg

So we were having a campfire and I decided I wanted to photograph the smoke. Sb600 to the right of the camp fire shot through a 3x2 softbox. I waited for nice plumes of smoke to rise before releasing the shutter.

8836720477_79e577612b_c.jpg

Although shot through a car window I had thought about the composition I wanted all afternoon while walking around San Fran.

7998794903_648c892145_b.jpg

One thing is strange. Although many have asked about my art I have never called myself an artist. Am I?

So we were having a campfire and I decided I wanted to photograph the smoke. Sb600 to the right of the camp fire shot through a 3x2 softbox. I waited for nice plumes of smoke to rise before releasing the shutter.

Dude, this is definitely a face. o_O

The second and last one are wall worthy, wow.

WTF!!! Omg this is so creepy. Put it in the paranormal thread NOW! Totally a ghosty/spirit thing :/

Prove it! Let's see your most artistic or conceptualized photographs. Unless they are documentary-style shots, they should be pre-planned, thought out, production pieces. Everything preconceptualized. I'm really calling on not only the up-and-coming, but the elite that seem to like to dwell in the shadows. Let's see what you call your most impressive pieces of photographic artwork. I am hoping that this will prove to be a good use for my 4000th post on the forum. Please don't post "look what my new lens can do!" or "drool over my camera's high ISO capabilities!" photos. Nothing so pedantic. I'd really love to see some hidden gems that I'm sure are lurking around these parts. So, post 'em up!

I'll start.

This is one from a series I'm working on that I'm particularly proud of:

And some more...

I've shown you mine, now let's see yours!

:mrgreen:
Mark
Love #1 and 4. Very nice.

WTF!!! Omg this is so creepy. Put it in the paranormal thread NOW! Totally a ghosty/spirit thing :/
Lucifer him self.

Some wonderful, imaginative stuff in here! Great thread. :)

I'll play, since I rarely post. What I do are alternative photographic techniques, which means I'm a film shooter. Most often when I see something I want to photograph, it's because I see the end result in my head, or at least the seeds of an idea - so, I pre-visualize virtually everything I do.

This is a lith print - developed in LD20 lith developer, and I used Slavich paper if anyone wants to know. This shot of a deserted shed involved only mild trespassing. :mrgreen: I used to drive by an old farmhouse with this shed on my way home from work, and suddenly the people who lived there were gone, and someone had spray-painted this on the shed. It seemed like they vanished overnight, and the sagging door and message seemed so tragic. I wanted the image to seem like a dream since that could have been how they felt, leaving. The negative itself is quite straightforward and boring, so I used this fast-speed paper and developed aggressively to get the effect I wanted.

I shot this building in South Beach, FL, which is full of terrific art deco type architecture. I shot this with HIE (infrared) and took off the lens hood to try to get some lens flare. Worked perfectly. This is a bromoil print, which is a process where the silver in the original darkroom print is bleached away, and the image is brought back with lithographic inks, brushed in by hand. I used colored inks for this one. The sun is the lens flare on the negative. ;) I wanted a surreal feeling to this image.

Thanks for looking!

Wow pics from Terri. Sweet!

Most reactions

Back