D3300 vs D5300 vs D7000

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by Giwpanski, Dec 31, 2015.

1. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The flippy screen on a d5x00 is handy for video. That is one advantage it has. I find the flippy screen on my p7800 to be really handy for video. Though the small viewfinder makes the viewfinder not very good, though it is bright it is electronic and itself has a lag. I use a d600 for everything else though (and previously a d7000).

I do totally agree with Derrel about better equipment. There's been plenty of TPFers who went to better equipment and immediately enjoyed everything they did much more and had better photos because of it.

with the OP - do you have any current lenses or other equipment in which we can better provide an option. Also where do you live ?
    With the title you ONLY want a d3300, d5300 or d7000. There may be other options in your price range is we knew were you lived (custom costs, etc may change our suggestions).

For instance, Cameta.com has many d5500 kits in your price range ==> Search Results

2. Giwpanski

Giwpanski TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    astroNikon.. I appreciate your opinion and thanks for writing on this thread once more. I live in Greece, but i have relatives in America , who can provide me with equipment from companies outside the boundaries of Europe. I think that my not being very experienced as a photographer won't make any differences on the viewfinder. What do you think about that? If you are able to find anything better in that budget i would really be grateful. :) Have a cheerful New Year's Eve.

3. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The view finder wasn't even on my radar until I looked through a T70 film camera and then the D7000. I came from range finder film camera's so I was used to a different view finder experience. The view finder on my Coolpix P7100 is so bad i feel like putting tape over it. I don't use video so wouldn't now about that. All the info is in there, just harder to see it with the d3300. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. wezza13

wezza13 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I started with a Nikon D3200, 18 months ago. Within a couple of months I had a go on a D7100, wow, what a difference! I purchased a D7100 about 5 months after buying my D3200 and, I'm not joking, I should've bought it first off instead of the D3200. Everything was an improvement, dual control wheels, WB, ISO, etc all on the exterior controls and not hidden in a silly menu system.

The viewfinder - once I looked through it and saw the difference, it really was night and day. D3200 viewfinder only displays 95%(?) of the image you see, so when you're processing the photo's, you're cropping straightaway the edge of the frame, that you didn't see in your shot. It's nice to be able to frame a picture in the viewfinder and get that exact frame.

Anyway, sold my D7100 to fund a D600 (which is another massive step-up still, and the viewfinder on that is even more impressive than the D7100!, but that's another story). To cut a long story short, I then purchased a D7000 as a backup, as it really is the best bang for your buck second-hand deal around at the moment, whilst my D600 was having the shutter replaced. It's a good camera but I now wish I had stuck with a D7100 as backup, as in my opinion, it really is a LOT better than the D7000.

So, to sum up, I'd say check out a D7100 instead of the D7000 as they are now going for a great second-hand price now that the D7200 has been released.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on :)

Wez