D3300 vs D5300 vs D7000

I started with a Nikon D3200, 18 months ago. Within a couple of months I had a go on a D7100, wow, what a difference! I purchased a D7100 about 5 months after buying my D3200 and, I'm not joking, I should've bought it first off instead of the D3200. Everything was an improvement, dual control wheels, WB, ISO, etc all on the exterior controls and not hidden in a silly menu system.

The viewfinder - once I looked through it and saw the difference, it really was night and day. D3200 viewfinder only displays 95%(?) of the image you see, so when you're processing the photo's, you're cropping straightaway the edge of the frame, that you didn't see in your shot. It's nice to be able to frame a picture in the viewfinder and get that exact frame.

Anyway, sold my D7100 to fund a D600 (which is another massive step-up still, and the viewfinder on that is even more impressive than the D7100!, but that's another story). To cut a long story short, I then purchased a D7000 as a backup, as it really is the best bang for your buck second-hand deal around at the moment, whilst my D600 was having the shutter replaced. It's a good camera but I now wish I had stuck with a D7100 as backup, as in my opinion, it really is a LOT better than the D7000.

So, to sum up, I'd say check out a D7100 instead of the D7000 as they are now going for a great second-hand price now that the D7200 has been released.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on :)

Wez

Most reactions

Back