D800s rumors... Me Likey!

There was no mention of an articulating screen in the movie, yet the opening picture shows one. Also NR did not mention an articulating screen. That would be the one thing that might get me to upgrade my existing D800E. That was the one thing I was waiting for when the D7100 came out. I would have jumped on that and dumped my D7000 if it had an articulating screen. I have a little Canon point and shoot that has one and I found it to be extremely useful.

OMG I just lost interest in everything else I HAVE TO GET THAT CAMERA IF THATS TRUE !!!! :mrgreen:

Not a real flipscreen like the D5100 though. :( Thats even better ! You can see the picture from the sides, too !

More rumors, now labeled as "confirmed":

Nikon D800/E replacement to be announced on June 26th | Nikon Rumors

Nikon D800/E replacement to be announced on June 26th

By [NR] ADMIN | Published: JUNE 8, 2014

I can now confirm the the announcement date for the Nikon D800/E camera replacement: June 26th. Here again are the rumored specifications:

• The new mode will most likely be called D800s
  • 36MP sensor
  • No AA filter (just like the D800E, this time Nikon will only introduce one model without the AA filter)
  • Improved software to suppress moiré
  • Expeed 4 imaging processor (they may call it Expeed 4a)
  • New higher resolution LCD screen
  • sRAW
  • Improved video capabilities
  • Same AF improvements like in the D4s
  • Improved low light capabilities: one stop better ISO performance
  • Built-in GPS
  • No Built-in Wi-Fi
  • Improved frame rate at 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
  • The new camera will be lighter (compared to the D800/D800E)
  • The price is expected to be higher than the D800E ($3,296.95)
  • The camera will be made in Thailand

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon D800/E replacement to be announced on June 26th | Nikon Rumors

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Man o man! I like this bit best:
  • The new camera will be lighter (compared to the D800/D800E)
The E can be very tiring for a while without a tripod....:confused:

Thom Hogan mentioned that sRAW is a cooked, 11-bit maximum bit depth raw format, and not the 14-bit RAW the high-end Nikons have been able to shoot for years now...

Just picked up the d800 so glad to see the specs aren't vastly different. Also I don't mind the weight of the d800 and wonder what lighter means for over all build quality.

Improved video is interesting wondering if its due to hardware or simple software driver hacks that can be done on the d800

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I volunteer to preorder the D810 as soon as it becomes available... just so i can post some early comments/reviews to help the rest of you. I'll tell my wife its for the good of the internet!

Much better than D800s
Who cares about the name.

Thom Hogan mentioned that sRAW is a cooked, 11-bit maximum bit depth raw format, and not the 14-bit RAW the high-end Nikons have been able to shoot for years now...
Normal RAW will also be available, of course. I have no clue what sRAW is good for. But whatever.

Don't take these rumors too seriously it is just fun speculation.

Most reactions

Back