D800s rumors... Me Likey!

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rumors: Nikon D800s camera preliminary specifications | Nikon Rumors

• No low pass (AA) filter (just like the D800E)
  • Improved software to suppress moiré
  • Expeed 4 imaging processor
  • sRAW
  • Same AF improvements like in the D4s
  • Improved low light capabilities
  • 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
  • Price between D800 and D800E - probably around $3000
  • No firm announcement date yet - my guess is Photokina (September 2014) or CES (January 2015)

If this is true (and NR normally is correct)... 5-6fps (even with grip) will move me to FX and make me forget about the D400/D7200.

PS. sorry for the double thread post... i have no idea how i did it :)

Last edited:
I agree. Maybe I'll forget about the D400 or 7200 and grab this if it comes to fruition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys for not jumping on the joy band wagon but to me it looks like a very small upgrade, also to make it more capable for sport shooting FPS is only half the problem, buffer size is just as important so we need to see how many shots it can do before filling the buffer.
In any case the D800 is a fantastic camera so its like making something good slightly better but I am not seeing anything dramatically better.

I don't see anything dramatic enough to cough up the dough. In fact, a few things on there seem like just firmware updates.

p.s. I just realized the other day the my mkIII has 3 raw sizes. ;)

TheLost said:
If this is true (and NR normally is correct)...

I got a laugh out of that statement!!! Do you mean they are normally correct on the prediction they make THE HOUR BEFORE the embargo is lifted? Or that at some point in their four to six "predictions" over a year or more, that one happens to be somewhat close to what is actually released? lol

D800s...ehhhh....that would likely have limited appeal. Seems like a stupid idea. However, Nikon's marketing folks have been pretty knee-deep on stupid ideas for years now, so, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that they undertake another stupid idea.

[
you got a few years to wait and it's going to get small upgrades just like this 800s you're not thrilled about.

It's not going to get a 51-point AF upgrade with a 1/8000 shutter.
Well the D600/D610 got the D7000 AF so I will not be surprised if the next FX prosumer camera will get the D7100 51AF point system but I am sure in 1-2 years we will know for sure :)
In the mean time I got the D7100 which is a fantastic camera and good enough for me.

Rumors: Nikon D800s camera preliminary specifications | Nikon Rumors

• No low pass (AA) filter (just like the D800E)
  • Improved software to suppress moiré
  • Expeed 4 imaging processor
  • sRAW
  • Same AF improvements like in the D4s
  • Improved low light capabilities
  • 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
  • Price between D800 and D800E - probably around $3000
  • No firm announcement date yet - my guess is Photokina (September 2014) or CES (January 2015)

If this is true (and NR normally is correct)... 5-6fps (even with grip) will move me to FX and make me forget about the D400/D7200.

PS. sorry for the double thread post... i have no idea how i did it :)

There's not going to be a D400.............Just my prediction folks...............I think the D7100 is the new D400 ?

Last edited:
Like others, I am a bit underwhelmed, at least underwhelmed enough not to trade in my D800 for the D800s. Now... if I needed a new FX body, and did not have a D800 already, then I would be pretty excited. In a few more years, I'll be ready for a new D900 or so!

Most reactions

Back