• OM-D M5 mark ii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wiper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys, firstly sorry for my english.So, im thinking of buying something better than my two years old D3200.Adepts are :
Canon 77D(500€)
Nikon D5600(430€)
or Nikon D7200 from second hand (+-550€)
(only bodies)
I'd like to photograph most often nature and some wildlife.What do you think is the best for me? Is 50€ more worth for D7200 or 77D is comfortable? Or if you have, you can suggest something else what you think is good
smile.png

I'm thinking about mirrorless too (Sony A6300 or Olympus OM-D M5 mark ii) but there are not too many lenses for wildlife and wideangles lenses with some acceptable price.
sad.png

D7200 is probably the "best" camera of those you listed.

However, what is "best" for you might be different than what is best for someone else.

You have to consider what your needs and budget are, and choose accordingly.

Reactions: D7K
Agree, Consider your needs.. Firstly, what is the 3200 not giving you or not letting you do?

From your post, it seems you may be suffering from serious GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), where you see the market moving quickly and new tech coming out, but unless there's a reason you feel you "Need" to change, ie: want to Full Frame, Want mirrorless (for a particular reason) then it's hard to offer advice, because you just want to buy something new.. and there's better advice can be offered if you can explain maybe a little more "why" you want to upgrade, o what your current setup isn't giving you....

Agree, Consider your needs.. Firstly, what is the 3200 not giving you or not letting you do?

From your post, it seems you may be suffering from serious GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), where you see the market moving quickly and new tech coming out, but unless there's a reason you feel you "Need" to change, ie: want to Full Frame, Want mirrorless (for a particular reason) then it's hard to offer advice, because you just want to buy something new.. and there's better advice can be offered if you can explain maybe a little more "why" you want to upgrade, o what your current setup isn't giving you....

Agreed. It took me about 5 years to outgrow my D5100, and that's mostly because I just needed better low light for weddings.

Why, the D7200 is the only camera from this list thats at least semi-professional. Honestly, at $550 its an insane deal.

However, unless you also get great glas, you wont notice what you have there.

Many people buy an expensive camera and a cheap lens. They think that the lenses are a necessary evil, something like the tires you need for a car. But lenses are really the equivalent of the motor of a car. Nothing else on your camera has this much influence on the final image quality.

Thats why a company like Leica has success despite using inferior sensors to everybody else. They simply also have the amazing lenses.

Second problem is, if you dont want to invest the time to learn the camera, you wont have much fun with it. Then maybe a simpler camera would be a better choice. Thats btw true for ANY camera on this list.

Agreed. It took me about 5 years to outgrow my D5100, and that's mostly because I just needed better low light for weddings.
Took me 9 months to grow out of the D5100, because it didnt offer HSS.

Why, the D7200 is the only camera from this list thats at least semi-professional. Honestly, at $550 its an insane deal.

However, unless you also get great glas, you wont notice what you have there.

Many people buy an expensive camera and a cheap lens. They think that the lenses are a necessary evil, something like the tires you need for a car. But lenses are really the equivalent of the motor of a car. Nothing else on your camera has this much influence on the final image quality.

Thats why a company like Leica has success despite using inferior sensors to everybody else. They simply also have the amazing lenses.

Second problem is, if you dont want to invest the time to learn the camera, you wont have much fun with it. Then maybe a simpler camera would be a better choice. Thats btw true for ANY camera on this list.

Took me 9 months to grow out of the D5100, because it didnt offer HSS.

Haha, that is something I also considered soon after I got lighting, but since my Yongnuo 560's don't have HSS anyway, it ended up not being a factor.

I used a D7200 for birding for a couple of years with good success. Then I picked up a used D500 and never looked back. The D500 has a slightly smaller sensor, but better low light performance, 9fps, and one of the best autofocus systems on the market today. My keep rate has gone up significantly. Nothing wrong with the D7200, I really like that camera, but if you can find a used D500 in good shape, that is your best bet for wildlife especially birding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back